Happy Monday and 1st Day of Spring! (or is it tomorrow, I always think it's the 21st?!) Hopefully you're all thawing out and the cold and snowy weather is finished until next Winter! I know that you're ready for flip flops and beach visits!
I have some really cute Spring looks planned to show you later this week and next. But, I thought I would take the opportunity in today's post for you to get to know me a little better. If you read my PEN VS. PENCIL and/or MEET JILL post, you know a little about me and how my blog began. But, I thought I'd share some fun facts about myself that only my closest friends and family know.
Please feel free to comment and share some fun facts about you! I love learning about and getting to know my readers. And certainly, if you're a fellow blogger, please be sure to comment and leave your blog site address so that I can follow you! - Jill xoxo
20 facts about me:
- Snakes scare me more than anything! Seriously, heart attack waiting to happen kind of terrified! (Roller coasters come in second place.)
- I've grown to value loyalty in others above all other traits. I am loyal to a fault.
- My husband and I met online 20+ years ago in a chat room back in the day when the internet was always referred to as the World Wide Web. Our relationship was the talk of my small town ~ very scandalous.
- I'm a die hard fan of University of Kentucky Basketball. During games I get in trouble because I scream and curse A LOT! I can't help it... (And I cry when they lose. Don't tell anyone that!)
- I can throw a mean spiral. (For those of you who aren't into sports, I'm referring to a football.) I broke a couple fingers learning how.
- Dance is one of the loves of my life.
- My favorite number is 27. I just like the way it looks. Weird? Yep.
- My oldest child is named after Walt Disney (WD's middle name ~ Elias). My youngest son is named after the little boy in the movie "Big Daddy," and Keanu Reeves' character in "Something's Gotta Give" ~ Julian.
- Schnauzer's are my favorite dog. They are loyal and very intelligent. I've had five Miniature Schnauzers since the age of 12 ~ Toto, Winston, Zeke, Hurley, and Jake.
- I suffered a serious brain injury in a scooter accident when I was a freshman in high school. (Yes, I know, explains a lot! HA!)
- I never wanted children until I met my husband.
- My nicknames include: Jilly, Jilly-Willy, Jilly-Bean, Jelibean, JB, and Jilly-Mac.
- My favorite colors are Black, Red, and Pink ~ I will not choose just one, I refuse.
- I love naps. I rarely get to take them, but they're so delicious.
- My favorite band is AC/DC. Yep, I'm a rocker girl and have been since the 8th grade.
- I wanted to be a doctor and didn't go for it. It's my biggest regret in life.
- I don't like most pictures of myself and seriously don't enjoy being photographed.
- I'm 42 but seriously still feel (and act) like I'm in my 20's.
- I was voted Class Clown in the 8th grade and Wittiest in 12th grade. I love laughing and making people laugh.
- I'm shocked at how many talented, amazing, kindhearted, giving, and supportive people I've met through Instagram and the blogging world. I'm forever thankful for this extended family! ~ SMOOCHES TO YOU ALL! ~